I’ll be covering two topics in this post:
- The current Walt Disney World resort promotion available during ALA Orlando, and
- The discounted Walt Disney World park passes that are available to you, the ALA attendee
The Walt Disney World Summer Meal Offer
Disney consistently only offers one summertime promotion (a room only discount which is released at the end of March) so this offer is something to pay attention to.
Enjoy a FREE meal at a quick-service location per person, per night when you buy a non-discounted 3-night room and theme park ticket package at a Walt Disney World Value Resort hotel. Just to clarify…this is a free meal for every person in your party for every night of your stay. This benefit is worth up to $17 per person per night (so a family of four can cut their food expenses by up to $68 per night).
Each Quick-Service meal includes:
- For Breakfast: 1 entrée and 1 non-alcoholic beverage*
- For Lunch/Dinner: 1 entrée, 1 dessert* and 1 non-alcoholic beverage*
A nice feature of this promotion is that the asterisked items (dessert/beverage) can be substituted for a snack….perfect for when you don’t want a dessert or a drink, but you might want a snack for later in the day. As anyone who has eaten at Walt Disney World knows, the entrees are sizable and nearly always include at least one side. Depending on appetites, some quick-service meals can serve two people (especially with dessert)! The snack substitution provides more flexibility than the past…this is the first time I’ve seen this specific feature in a Disney Dining Plan.
This offer ends on February 29th, but there is limited room availability. I booked two librarian families in the past week and one was unable to get their first choice of resort for their dates. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. I just had to use this graphic because Goofy is my favorite of all the Disney characters. The kitchens really don’t look like that at Walt Disney World 🙂
Discounted ALA Park Tickets
This information has changed. Current information on conference Walt Disney World park tickets is available here.
For those of you who are planning on visiting the Walt Disney World theme parks, but will be staying at your conference hotel:
- See my previous post about things to consider when staying off-site
- Consider purchasing discounted convention tickets
For ALA, Walt Disney World is offering three types of convention tickets:
- An after 4 PM twilight ticket (1 day)
- An after 2 PM twilight ticket (1 or 2 day, with or without park hopper option)
- Discounted multi-day tickets
The pricing for the twilight tickets are:
- 4 PM 1-day ticket: $63
- 2 PM 1-day, single park ticket: $79
- 2 PM 1-day, park hopper ticket: $129
- 2 PM 2-day, single park ticket: $138
- 2 PM 2-day, park hopper ticket: $188
The best use of these tickets will be at the Magic Kingdom park (which often stays open later than the other theme parks) but hours can vary from day to day so it is best to review park schedules when planning your visit.
The regular (non-twilight) convention tickets are typically discounted around 10% (but that discount may vary from convention to convention. For example, a 2-day single park convention ticket is $184.04 (vs. the standard cost of $204.48). Tickets are available for 2, 3, 4 or 5-days with a park hopper option available.
Multi-day (non-twilight) convention tickets have a special amenity of a bonus visit (per day of ticket) that can include:
- a water park visit to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- a pre-4 PM round of miniature golf at either Disney’s Winter Summerland or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens
- green fees for one round of golf at Disney’s Oak Trail golf course
- one visit to the DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- one visit to the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex
This is a bonus visit for each ticket day (so a 2-day ticket = 2 visits, a 3-day ticket = 3 visits, etc.)
To Purchase Your Discounted Tickets…
Call the Disney Preferred Ticket Line Groups Office (407-939-4686). Tell them you are attending the American Library Association conference at the end of June. If the representative states they don’t have a record for ALA, mention that the conference is off-site at the Orange County Convention Center (different offices handle on-site conferences vs. off-site conferences).
Note that all multi-day tickets expire after 13 days from first use. One-day tickets can be purchased on the day of use, multi-day tickets must be purchased at least one day prior to use.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at ALA! As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about a Walt Disney World visit: email@example.com
PS. If you found this useful, please share with any friends and colleagues who you think will be attending ALA. I’m trying to get the word out. Thanks!